I'm secretly working on a recipe box for my mother-in-law. She doesn't read blogs, so she won't find out. I wrote "Recepten" in Dutch, because she is Dutch and that's the way you say "recipes" in Dutch.
Of course, if you want to make a similar box, you can put "Recipes" or "Recetas" (in Spanish). She keeps piles of recipes in drawers, so I figured this box might come in handy for her. But who knows, may be she doesn't like it, or her recipes won't fit in it. Anyway, if it doesn't come out right I'll keep it. I'll store Alma's gadgets in it. Haha.
- A wooden box from a Dollar store (Chino in Spain). Mine was about 2.5 euros.
- Colored pencils.You can also use acrylic paints.
- Colored markers
- Black marker
- Gold marker
- Varnish for acrylic paint
- Check Pinterest for inspiration. You can copy mine, but I think it's always more fun to create your own version.
- Start by drawing a rectangle on the center of the box. Color the inner part of the rectangle with a white pencil (or paint) and frame it with a gold marker. You can get inspiration from here.
- Write the word "Recipes" inside the rectangle first with a pencil (if you make mistakes you can erase it) and then with a black marker. You can get some ideas for fonts here.
- You can draw kitchen tools, vegetables, fruits, or any kind of food on the different sides of the box. If you can't draw, you can try some découpage. Check here, and here.
Second part of this tutorial here.